Tonight while Woodland High School’s Class of 1981 (and 78, 79, 80, and 82) reminisced about our high school days 30 years ago at the Spednic Club, the music of Night Ranger, Foreigner, and Journey transported me back in time. The concert was an anniversary present for my husband. (From the beginning, I knew I would be more excited about it than he was. When he found out the Blind Boys of Alabama were coming to town, those tickets became the more sought after gift. In October, I will let you know about that concert.)
The first round of tears happened during the 8 th grade promotion. It has been such a wonderful year with all of them – 7 th and 8 th graders alike. The second round of tears came when I learned I do not have a contract for next year. I will not be returning to Benson Middle School unless the displaced teachers do not jump at the chance for my classroom. Right after she told me, I did my best to remain professional and keep the tears at bay. Unfortunately, they came anyway. About the time the tears hit my eyes, an email a dear friend sent me when I first wrote about the contract situation came to mind: “There is always a reason for things. Maybe God wants you to move on and inspire other students.” I love what she says. I feel that with my whole being. However, it did not make hearing that I have no job any easier. So now what? I am floating off the edge again. My family began the year in two different states. We are reunited again in North Carolina. Both Tony and I ...





KOOL!
ReplyDelete